Okay, I hate to do this, because I can't help it. I'm going to be a bitch for the next few minutes.
People... You need to start letting us know that you still exist. And that you're still working. Except for a select few, no one has been replying to notes or journals. No one has been submitting progress reports (despite our insistent nagging), and nooooooo ooooooone is letting us know what's going on!
The deadline for the comic for SynDoll's first anthology is June 11th. That may sound like a long time from now, but it really isn't. If you want to be in the first issue (hopefully it'll be published in time for Otakon), then you have to let us know. Now. The only confirmed stories for the first issue are: Pi (Cara's), Lirimaer (Granate's), and Sleepless (mine).
I know how hard Cara is working for us, but in case you do not, let me tell you: she is working damn hard. In return, please start listening to our updates. Please start replying. Even if it's just a note to say "Yeah, I heard you," because right now I don't know if anyone's even listening. The journal on dA is all but ignored, and this Livejournal is just as silent. Synthetic Doll is a doujinshi circle - a community. If it's just Cara and me yelling at you, nothing will get done.
I hate doing this, because I am probably the last person on Earth who should be lecturing about deadlines >_<;;; But SynDoll is something that I really care about. I really do want to see this work, you guys. I want to see us published! We can't do this, though, if no one is going to participate!!
Okay. That being said, here is what's going on:
1) We are attending A-kon. We have a table reserved, we have SynDoll members attending... It's on.
2) We need to compile a portfolio of sorts, to display our work. Things you could submit for the 'folio: previews/teasers of your comic, title/splash pages, illustrations.
3) We are planning on selling prints. Those who wish to contribute their artwork need to contact us and let us know which ones you are willing to give.
4) We are planning on giving away freebies. Small posters, postcards, stationary, business cards etc. Again, let us know if you want to contribute your artwork.
5) SynDoll's debut is scheduled for Otakon (July 30 - August 1). We need to have the issue ready by then.
I'm getting kind of tired of having to nag like this, and I know you guys are, too. So let's make it easier on everyone and try and reply to stuff like this, okay? It's important for us to know that you're aware of what's going on, and that you're working.
Everyone who reads this, leave a comment. This journal allows anonymous comments, so even if you aren't a Livejournal member, you can do it. In your comment, make sure to include the following:
1) Your name.
2) What you're working on (if nothing, say nothing).
3) If you are working on something, how far you are and when it will be done.
4) Whether or not you wish to be in Synthetic Doll.
We have 37 members. 10 main artists, 25 sub-members, and 2 others. That's a lot of people, and that's a lot of talent. We can really do something amazing, you guys. But we have to work, and we have to be serious about it. So PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEAAASEEEEEE. Reply to this. Let us know what you're doing, what you're planning on doing. Ask questions if you have them, voice opinions if you have those. Let us know you're out there!!
My apologies for all of you who have been doing this already. Your hard work is appreciated very, very much T__T